This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
lewanator1's profile picture

Turtle auto quarry

Started by lewanator1, 11 March 2013 - 12:06 AM
lewanator1 #1
Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:06 AM
I was on youtube the other day and i saw this video where a guy set out a area maybe 1000x1000 and the turtles would ask the main server if there was any space in this 1000x1000 area that was free to mine, if so the computer would send them to this 1000x1000 area and give them a 10x10 area to mine in which the turtle would come back and drop its stuff into some pipes and then carry on until done and it would then ask the main computer for another job.

Here is the code for the turtle.
Its outdated btw
http://pastebin.com/FtZ7LJ0A

I don't know what i should be changing in there, also the time this code was made there was no GPS so it might be easier to make it use GPS.
If anyone could help me fix this turtle code and make a computer "server" i would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks in advance
lewanator1
Zudo #2
Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:07 AM
This is the wrong place, you should put this in 'Turtle Programs'
lewanator1 #3
Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:28 AM
This is the wrong place, you should put this in 'Turtle Programs'
im asking for some one to help me,
Turtle programs is for finished programs
Engineer #4
Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:38 AM
First of all I have indented this code and made it about 200 lines shorter with removing the blank lines. http://pastebin.com/Vfbw2BsY
Before you continue, please read 8 good coder habits. It helpes reading code better for us, or at least for me.
shiphorns #5
Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:31 AM
I don't know what i should be changing in there, also the time this code was made there was no GPS so it might be easier to make it use GPS.
If anyone could help me fix this turtle code and make a computer "server" i would appreciate it greatly.

The code you posted is only for digging the actual hole, and at a hard-coded location. There is no code there for getting instructions from a central computer. If the tutorial you watched provides source code, you need the final version of both the turtle code and the manager computer's code. What you have here is likely just a snapshot of what the turtle code looked like partway into the tutorial. This quarry program also needs fuel management, and a way to handle mobs before it will be robust and usable in a survival world.
LordIkol #6
Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:08 AM
I Know this Code i was using it as base for the same Project. I can not remember the Name of the Youtuber but as far as i know there is no Downloadable Code for the Client Server Communication.
But i am working on this. I already have managed the Communication with server and turtles but i will not make the code public at the moment.
Im working on a refuel system and a little User interface cause at the moment you have to set up everything in the code. etc..

Maybe someone helps you with this else you have to wait some weeks then i will release my code (little bit busy at the moment in RL)

greets
Loki
lewanator1 #7
Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:30 AM
I Know this Code i was using it as base for the same Project. I can not remember the Name of the Youtuber but as far as i know there is no Downloadable Code for the Client Server Communication.
But i am working on this. I already have managed the Communication with server and turtles but i will not make the code public at the moment.
Im working on a refuel system and a little User interface cause at the moment you have to set up everything in the code. etc..

Maybe someone helps you with this else you have to wait some weeks then i will release my code (little bit busy at the moment in RL)

greets
Loki

Hmm yeah the guy is called BSGSamuel
think i might need to try make one even though i have no knowledge on what to do :P/>
LordIkol #8
Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:36 PM
Hi lewanator,

Thanks for the name so i can give credit to him :)/>
Will let you know when my program is finished