This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
RustikGaming's profile picture

[LUA] [QUESTION] How to display a program on 2+ monitors at a time

Started by RustikGaming, 14 March 2013 - 10:11 AM
RustikGaming #1
Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:11 AM
I was wondering how I could display a program I wrote on 2 different monitors in the room simultaneously. Note that the monitors are each about 20 blocks away from the computer that I wish to use to control them. Thanks in advance.
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #2
Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:15 AM
mon1 = peripheral.wrap("left")
mon2 = peripheral.wrap("right")
owrite = term.write
function write2(…)
mon1.write(…)
mon2.write(…)
end
write = write2
Kingdaro #3
Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:17 AM
Here's a nice monitor sync API, so you could just run sync.addTarget(target) on both of your monitors, where "target" is the object obtained from peripheral.wrap.

However, as far as I know, the monitors have to actually be touching the computer in order for that computer to use them. That is, until dan adds peripheral interaction.
RustikGaming #4
Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:19 AM
mon1 = peripheral.wrap("left")
mon2 = peripheral.wrap("right")
owrite = term.write
function write2(…)
mon1.write(…)
mon2.write(…)
end
write = write2

Yes I know that would write the text to the monitors but if I want to use one computer to control two others from a distance. Meaning that the monitors have a computer attached each of them that I want to connect to the "terminal/mainframe" computer that you interact with and whatever you type into the "terminal/mainframe" computer appears on the monitors.
RustikGaming #5
Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:21 AM
Here's a nice monitor sync API, so you could just run sync.addTarget(target) on both of your monitors, where "target" is the object obtained from peripheral.wrap.

However, as far as I know, the monitors have to actually be touching the computer in order for that computer to use them. That is, until dan adds peripheral interaction.

thanks kingdaro thats exactly what I was looking for