This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
XDaWNeDX's profile picture

Print gives ArrayIndexOutOfBounds

Started by XDaWNeDX, 15 March 2013 - 05:20 PM
XDaWNeDX #1
Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:20 PM
print("Hello world!") gives me java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

I've searched and searched and searched, but I don't have any idea why that would be doing it. -.-
remiX #2
Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:06 PM
Has it happened before?
What did you do before testing this?

Try restarting computer :P/>
Doyle3694 #3
Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:19 PM
you prob have just named a variable print
XDaWNeDX #4
Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:40 PM
you prob have just named a variable print

Nope. Brand new turtle, and the ONLY thing I run is "print("Hello World!")". If it were that simple, I would've already figured it out. It's not a problem with the code I'm using. It's a problem with computercraft. I had the same problem in my last world, so I figured I'd start from the basics and figure out what the problem was, and it appears print is bugged out for some reason. Most other functions work just fine. I obviously haven't tested EVERY other function, but print is the only one I've had troubles with.
Doyle3694 #5
Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:42 AM
Then walk us through exactly everything you have done from computer placedown to error.
XDaWNeDX #6
Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:44 AM
I thought that was pretty easy to understand from what I just said, but I guess I'll delve deeper into the details.

1. Place down turtle.
2. Label set Feller
3. edit fir
4. print("Hello World!")
5. save and exit
6. fir
7. Error.
MysticT #7
Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:47 AM
Ok, now try with a fresh, unmodified rom. Someone must have changed something in the rom, that's the only explanation for the problem. If it were a bug in CC it should happen to everyone.
XDaWNeDX #8
Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:39 AM
Ok, now try with a fresh, unmodified rom. Someone must have changed something in the rom, that's the only explanation for the problem. If it were a bug in CC it should happen to everyone.

It is a fresh unmodified rom.
remiX #9
Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:42 AM
Remove CC Mod completely and re-download it. Or redownload the modpack
XDaWNeDX #10
Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:50 AM
Remove CC Mod completely and re-download it. Or redownload the modpack
K, so that worked for some reason. I actually already did that, before even making this thread since it's the most obvious fix for most problems. I guess there was some problem during the download that messed up my cc. Could be plausible, I have unreliable internet. But, at any rate, it seems to have been a simple fix. Though, I'm not 100% sure why it would've messed up during the first redownload.

But, thanks anyway. :)/>