This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Deathbypwnage123's profile picture

Could an experienced coder help me with a program?

Started by Deathbypwnage123, 21 March 2013 - 09:18 AM
Deathbypwnage123 #1
Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:18 AM
Title: Could an experienced coder help me with a program?

Hey guys!
Im looking for an experienced coder to help me create a small and simple program that hooks up to an advanced monitor and displays a single button in the center and some text above and below it that is configurable.
The button text says: "Teleport" and the button colour is Cyan/light blue.
When the teleport button is pressed it will send a 1 second redstone pulse out the back of the terminal.

Thanks in advance to anyone that is willing to help me!
-Death
KaoS #2
Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:22 AM
generally asking people to code for you doesn't receive a good response. you will get told things like: "do it yourself" "we aren't code monkeys!" etc

I like coding for other people. I tend to run out of ideas to code so this keeps me occupied

anyways I just need a little info, will the text above the button be centered? will it be at the top of the screen or just above the button? are you intending to use this in different scenarios? (if so I'll make it a lot more intelligent)
theoriginalbit #3
Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:36 AM
seems like a fairly easy task, I'll leave it up to KaoS to power through it in no time.

"we aren't code monkeys!"
Personally I prefer that one :P/>

I like coding for other people. I tend to run out of ideas to code so this keeps me occupied
me too. sometimes it gets too much tho.
Engineer #4
Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:40 AM
me too. sometimes it gets too much tho.

Definitely, I ve made programs for people on reqeust, but after that they sometimes keep asking. Thats why I prefer to push them to code themselves but with some directions.
I wont say I am a pro in coding but I am definitely above avarage. I mean when I see some OS s ( I wont name those, thats just sad), they are mostly program launchers. My thoughts about that.

On topic: So you are asking for a button? Hmm.. You might find a tutorial in some signature..
SuicidalSTDz #5
Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:55 AM
You might find a tutorial in some signature..
Where could it be? Oh, there it is! ^_^/>
theoriginalbit #6
Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:15 PM
Ok I got bored. So I made the program, I made it heavily customisable and you can easily change the locations, colours, and text of everything. It is clearly marked where to do this. Have fun. http://pastebin.com/2gyrzVjF