This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
toxicwolf's profile picture

Attempt to index nil value Error -SOLVED-

Started by toxicwolf, 08 April 2012 - 11:25 AM
toxicwolf #1
Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:25 PM
So I finally had to post. I've looked my code up and down, and I can't figure out what is wrong.
I have attached a zip file which contains the ComputerCraft floppy disk that installs my OS onto the computer.
I would appreciate it if someone would be able to have a quick peek and point me in the right direction
DarkNinja2462 #2
Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:06 PM
I didn't look at the code, but it is most likely that you called something that doesn't exist. Like a variable that you didn't assign a value to. or a function.
toxicwolf #3
Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:25 PM
I didn't look at the code, but it is most likely that you called something that doesn't exist. Like a variable that you didn't assign a value to. or a function.
I have checked for that kind of thing over and over, I'm fairly certain thats not it. Of course, theres always a high chance that I missed something :P/>/>
djblocksaway #4
Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:29 PM
hmm i looked at the code and couldnt see any error's so i tried i put it on a floppy and tried it and it worked great so maybe its just a bug or somthing well keep up the good work your OS is amazing :P/>/>
toxicwolf #5
Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:32 PM
hmm i looked at the code and couldnt see any error's so i tried i put it on a floppy and tried it and it worked great so maybe its just a bug or somthing well keep up the good work your OS is amazing :P/>/>
It worked when you ran it? As in, did you install the WolfOS Client 1.3.0 version? Its not the installer that fails, its the startup file that is copied across that doesn't work…
But thanks for the compliment :D/>/>
toxicwolf #6
Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:37 PM
Okay, so I loaded my WAPI into computercraft with the lua program, and attempting to use any function returns the "attempt to index a nil value" error…? Does anyone know why, because it tells me the API is loaded?

EDIT: I ran the API as a program instead, and I got back an "unexpected symbol" error on line 12 (i think). Line 12 was perfectly fine, but when I tried removing all the local flags from infront of the table and setting its indexes, the API liked me again. STRANGE! Anyway, thanks to everyone for taking the time to look and help me! :D/>/>

Now I can go back to my WolfOS re-write :P/>/>
Edited on 08 April 2012 - 02:17 PM
djblocksaway #7
Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:30 AM
ok ill try the installer again and the file it copies and ill re-post what happens :P/>/>

oh also can u send me a link to download the files because i deleted them of my computer and i see you removed them of the fourm. . .
djblocksaway #8
Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:32 AM
oh can u send me the link to the files as i see you deleted them of the fourm and i deleted the file i downloaded previously of my computer :P/>/>