This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Sorcelator's profile picture

Tell me about GPS

Started by Sorcelator, 09 April 2013 - 03:16 PM
Sorcelator #1
Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:16 PM
So i've got my self acquainted with the basics of coding a turtle. I have a turtle who will take a distance input and mine a 3x3 tunnel, placing torches every 5 blocks. Its pretty awesome actually and you all helped me get over the road bumps tipping me up.

Now though, I'm imagining something bigger. I'm thinking it would require GPS to get to work correctly. I basically want to set up a Turtle based Mail system that allows the bases in our world to shuttle items between them with the turtles, depositing items in to one chest and delivering the items found in another.

However I have no idea how GPS works…

Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated!
SuicidalSTDz #2
Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:38 PM
Read the wiki

When somebody wants their house on the mail network, you will have to add their pos in the world to a table filled with 'addresses'
LordIkol #3
Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:29 PM
for setting up a GPS System check out this Tutorial
Sorcelator #4
Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:28 AM
Read the wiki

When somebody wants their house on the mail network, you will have to add their pos in the world to a table filled with 'addresses'

A table of 'addresses' sounds like a good idea. I gave the wiki entry a read before posting, and placed some servers in the world, but they didn't seem to do much.

for setting up a GPS System check out this Tutorial

Oh this looks really helpful, I'll give it a read tonight! Thanks.
LordIkol #5
Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:42 AM
Maybe have a look at this topic. I made a basic script for turtle mail based on Files and Coords from Minimap.
i planned to implement GPS and Server based adress list but at the moment its just laying around somwhere :D/>

greets
Loki
Sorcelator #6
Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:01 AM
Maybe have a look at this topic. I made a basic script for turtle mail based on Files and Coords from Minimap.
i planned to implement GPS and Server based adress list but at the moment its just laying around somwhere :D/>

greets
Loki

oh this is vary cool! If I build on this I'll give this a bump.
SuicidalSTDz #7
Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:17 AM
oh this is vary cool! If I build on this I'll give this a bump.
This is such a neat idea. I don't think anyone else has made a mail system with turtles before (Anyone correct me if i'm wrong :P/>) I would love to see it in action when it's completed ^_^/>