This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Joker-venom's profile picture

Can someone please assist me

Started by Joker-venom, 11 April 2013 - 01:33 PM
Joker-venom #1
Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:33 PM
I currently have a understanding of coding but not fully experienced. I Have created my own hotel and have used computer to turn on each floor lighting as I choose etc. also have installed a fire alarm to activate at different areas of hotel. But I need help creating a program for a turtle to take items to their room, I understand this may meen I have to type in the directions and if that is the only way for this to happen us there a way that I can put these directions into a program. Please feel free to ask any questions due to I'm half asleep and not best at describing what I need.
Sora Firestorm #2
Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:39 PM
Ask a Pro isn't for you to ask us to make you a program. It's for asking us to help you when you get stuck.
Please attempt to write it yourself, and come back if you have any problems/questions.
To get you started, take a look at the Turtle API
Joker-venom #3
Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:48 PM
So where do I post This due to I have seen people do same and they have people create them codes. I only ask for some assistance due to I don't know how to even do a program like that
Kingdaro #4
Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:01 PM
To me, this just seems like simple turtle pathing logic, nothing too complicated. (except there will probably be a lot of turtle. instruction typing to get your turtle to its destination)

print 'Press any key to send items'
os.pullEvent('key')

-- suck up all the items
repeat until not turtle.suck()

-- nagigate to the room
turtle.turnRight() turtle.turnRight()
-- at this point we're at our destination (the room) in front of the chest

-- drop all items into the chest
for i=1, 16 do
  turtle.select(i)
  turtle.drop()
end

-- return to the main area chest thing
turtle.turnRight() turtle.turnRight()
-- ..etc
Joker-venom #5
Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:17 PM
Thanks dude/dudette. Would I be able to message u If I need any more help??
SuicidalSTDz #6
Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:27 PM
Thanks dude/dudette. Would I be able to message u If I need any more help??
Everyone here is friendly, well, with some exceptions.

Message ANY of us anytime and we will get back to you, eventually. Or simply post any more questions you have on this thread. We don't bite!
Joker-venom #7
Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:33 PM
I need someone to create a code for me.
1. Bank system but will only be used on single player world and must be able to have two bank users and the bank managing user.
Each account must be able to have a balance and must be able to be used by the specific user. Eg. User 1 has to enter code to get into account or use floppy disk

Do u think u Have the skills to assist me???
Kingdaro #8
Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:37 PM
As stated before, we're not here to create entire programs for you, we're only here to push you in the right direction.
Joker-venom #9
Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:40 PM
Would u be able to teach me how to then via Skype???Due to I really would like this in my world and really would be appreciated if I could have assistance and help due to I don't have a clue on how to do this project but I had a look about and can only find ones for online servers and not a single player one so it's to complicated for me lol
The_Awe35 #10
Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:47 PM
There are TONS of resources out on the interwebs to help with computercraft. Have a look at the tutorial section of these forums, and maybe go look at some videos on YouTube. There are some pretty helpful ones there, and thats how I learned how.

1. Bank system but will only be used on single player world and must be able to have two bank users and the bank managing user.
Each account must be able to have a balance and must be able to be used by the specific user. Eg. User 1 has to enter code to get into account or use floppy disk

Why would you possibly need that on single player? I'm not sure what you are doing. What is the "balance" anyway? you can pretty easily get a turtle to suck in or drop resources for that. To make it accessible only to a certain person, take a look at a lock program. Just modify it so it doesn't open a door, but takes in or out the stuff.
Joker-venom #11
Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:48 PM
I'm using the bank idea for my LAN world
SuicidalSTDz #12
Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

This is a fairly time-consuming project. Not saying you shouldn't do it, however, be aware you may be overwhelmed by the amount of time needed to work out all the problems associated with this. I highly suggest you read the ComputerCraft Wiki, as it has great documentation (courtesy of the members that update it)
Joker-venom #13
Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:34 AM
dont worry i done it loll