This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
dmitchell94's profile picture

Bank System

Started by dmitchell94, 15 April 2013 - 05:21 PM
dmitchell94 #1
Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:21 PM
With CC-Bank being incomplete and its owner MIA for so long I am looking to find a new Bank system. I really liked the CC-Bank system just wished there was a Account management system were accounts could be opened/closed and withdrawals and deposits could be made and account history viewed. Love the ATM so you can make transactions on the go. I am just starting out trying to program things here and have a little experience from Roblox but i never was that good there. Was hoping for some help making this program or if someone wanted to make it for us since CC-Bank has gone inactive.

Basically the goal is to take CC-Bank (http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/7499-cc-bank-with-atm-eftpos-auth-server/) and complete it!
Spongy141 #2
Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:25 PM
Ok… so do you have a problem or not?
dmitchell94 #3
Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:10 PM
Well the program is incomplete and it is no longer being updated. I like the program and would like to complete it but do not know how.
Bubba #4
Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:53 PM
Check this site out: http://www.lua.org/pil/contents.html
It contains all you need to know about Lua and can help you out immensely.

ComputerCraft-wise you'll want to know about rednet and channels. Learning how to make a visually appeasing GUI would also be a plus, but is not necessary. Security and functionality > pretty GUI in my opinion.

You'll want to know a bit about encryption, decryption, and possibly hashing in order to carry out security demands. There are plenty of good resources on the net to help you out there.

The ComputerCraft wiki (accessible at the top of this page) is also a great tool.

I wish you the best of luck, and if you get stuck on something a little more specific then don't hesitate to ask (unless you have not done everything within your ability to accomplish the goal).

Overall, I would suggest that you start off with simpler programs due to the difficulty of something like this. It might be more fun if you start out with something that is more easily achievable.
dmitchell94 #5
Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:49 AM
Thank you for the Lua information and tips. Only reason i was starting here was due to the fact that its a program i use in my server and would like to have it functional. May do a few smaller projects while i learn everything i need to learn and i want to thank you for all the tips
dexter9 #6
Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:54 AM
Hi,
I myself like the idea of a bank system in minecraft. I am currently working on a turtle infected program and after that I am planning on making a banking system. I don't think it's as hard as it looks and I'm happy to give it a go. If you have any features/tips/ideas please pm me.
codecompass #7
Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:25 AM
Building a system like you describe is a huge challenge so what I'd do is start with maybe making 1 account and getting it to work 100% then try to add on more to it (slowly). If you want to cut out some of the work I'd use rail craft & chest carts instead of turtles (less code to write) with RedPower BundledCables to build a track system with a cart for every account.

The simplest bank I can think of is using thermal Expansion Item Tesseracts (teleporters basically) so you have a deposit chest where you you put stuff in (set Frq of teleporter and a withdrawal chest with a computer (basically, you enter your details in the PC and it will send a signal to the Redstone engine (BuildCraft) and this will pump all the stuff into the main 'take stuff out chest'. Depends how much code you want to do. I try to write little but to the point and what I can get around without CC I do with other Mods.

Hope I helped