This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
alely's profile picture

[REQ] Beer timer

Started by alely, 18 April 2013 - 07:09 AM
alely #1
Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:09 AM
I want to brew some unique beers in industrialcraft.. and I suck at lua.
I am asking anyone that want to.. could you make a timer that would just tell how long left untill done?
Its hard keeping track of this…

Take a look at this if u want to do it.. http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Empty_Booze_Barrel

Also.. If I posted in wrong forum…sorry :(/>
SuicidalSTDz #2
Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:14 AM
You would need to know the algorithm used to calculate brewing time. The rest is easy.
Sariaz #3
Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:47 PM
I was bored so here ya go. It has monitor or terminal support, customizable colors, customizable speed and rate(not that I know why you would wanted but like I said bored :P/>), and lastly exits the loop and gets rid of the in the way text when its done as soon as you in some way acknowledge you have seen that it is done. Also thanks for giving me a cool idea thats based of this.

Edit: Here is the link http://pastebin.com/nw6sfHQU
SuicidalSTDz #4
Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:03 PM
I was bored so here ya go. It has monitor or terminal support, customizable colors, customizable speed and rate(not that I know why you would wanted but like I said bored :P/>), and lastly exits the loop and gets rid of the in the way text when its done as soon as you in some way acknowledge you have seen that it is done. Also thanks for giving me a cool idea thats based of this.
The underlined and bolded words bring me to this:

Where is the code? You obviously have made it, but where is it?
Sariaz #5
Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:06 PM
Sorry it took so long to get my program done. Figuring out what math I needed to do to have it count down to zero without starting at fifty-nine instead of sixty (which would just mean zero that and one less on above count) took a while.

The underlined and bolded words bring me to this:

Where is the code? You obviously have made it, but where is it?

uh ya might have forgotten link :P/> first time actually posting code long enough to warrant pastebin
SuicidalSTDz #6
Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:08 PM
Ah, ok. I see now ^_^/>
Sariaz #7
Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:12 PM
After you take a look at it id appreciate any feedback about it specifically or just the coding as a whole since its my first real program I've posted.
Sariaz #8
Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:17 AM
So suicidal what do you think?