This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Sparrow_On_MC's profile picture

How To Make A Virus On Computercraft

Started by Sparrow_On_MC, 20 April 2013 - 01:16 AM
Sparrow_On_MC #1
Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:16 AM
HAS BEEN SOLVED!

I want to make a virus that changes the startup so when they try to turn on the computer, the computer will say "Error Turning On Computer! No System Installed" then I want the computer to shutdown.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE WRIGHT ME THE CODES!
I dont know how to. I'm new to ComputerCraft.
Thankyou
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:20 AM
No. We don't support malicious code here.

Please read the guidelines and this thread on the topic of malicious code. Then if you want to do it for personal use and never ever release it here, have a read of the wiki and the PIL.
Edited on 20 April 2013 - 01:21 AM
Sparrow_On_MC #3
Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:25 AM
No. We don't support malicious code here.

Please read the guidelines and this thread on the topic of malicious code. Then if you want to do it for personal use and never ever release it here, have a read of the wiki and the PIL.

Thank you for the heads up. I won't do it again
SadKingBilly #4
Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:34 AM
This would be ridiculously easy to do. Also, ridiculously easy to undo. The setup of ComputerCraft makes actually infecting a computer pretty much impossible. You can't just send malicious code in a rednet message, because rednet messages don't handle themselves. And just like in real life, any virus-infected computer can be fixed because the boot order supports running secondary devices before the hard drive.
Sparrow_On_MC #5
Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:37 AM
Lyqyd #6
Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:49 AM
Malicious code is bad. Keep it off the forums. How was that in any way unclear?

Yes, the code previously posted above was fairly tame, but the intent was still malicious. Next time, there will be official warnings involved.

Locked.