This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
spartanboy56's profile picture

server rules and regs program question

Started by spartanboy56, 20 April 2013 - 05:44 AM
spartanboy56 #1
Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:44 AM
Hey guys, so first things first i am a huge Lua noob. I have successfully created on program and it was a tree chopping turtle program and I think thats as far as I can get.

but on to my main question: So I am a admin of a server and I want to write down the list of server rules so everyone knows them and there are limited mistakes. So I was wondering if its possible to make a program that puts several buttons on a screen all labeled "rule 1, rule 2, rule 3, ..ect" and when the button is pressed it displays that specific rule. then to go even deeper I was wondering if it was possible to then require them to insert their name after reading/clicking all the buttons and then these names get saved to a file so i can check to see who has read the rules. is any of this possible? I do want to try making it myself but I could honestly use a little help. I know how to do simple commands I know how to print to the computer itself but not a monitor? all help is very mucb appreciated!
Kingdaro #2
Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:42 AM
The buttons thing is possible, but you can only type in your name on a computer, and not on a monitor. (Unless you used an onscreen keyboard)
spartanboy56 #3
Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:42 AM
Yea i figured you wouldn't be able to type on the monitor, but all this stuff is do-able?
jesusthekiller #4
Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:44 AM
Yup. But it's DIY.