This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Vorg's profile picture

Local place of rom\progrms with FTB

Started by Vorg, 21 April 2013 - 01:41 PM
Vorg #1
Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:41 PM
I am playing on a server and we are using feed the beast direwolf20 pack. From what I read, the in game computer path \rom\programs should be on my local computer and I should be able to put programs there and have themin game. But it don't seem to work.

mod pack is at C:\Games\MineCraft\Direwolf20

there is a C:\Games\MineCraft\Direwolf20\minecraft\miscperipherals\rom\programs but the programs don't match in game

C:\Games\MineCraft\Direwolf20\minecraft\mods\computercraft.zip\lua\rom\programs does match, but putting a program in there didn't show up in game
Sammich Lord #2
Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:42 PM
Un-zip the zip file and name it "ComputerCraft". When you put a script in there it should instantly update in-game when you restart a computer, IIRC.
Vorg #3
Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:13 PM
ok, unziped it and moved the zip to another place out of the FTB path (it didn't like having both zip and unziped). Put the new file in C:\Games\MineCraft\Direwolf20\minecraft\mods\computercraft\lua\rom\programs, restarted and went in. program is not there.

C:\Games\MineCraft\Direwolf20\minecraft\mods\computercraft\lua\rom\programs

hm, it's windows so path case shouldn't matter. but I'll fix that

nope, case for compuercraft didn't matter
alakazard12 #4
Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:50 AM
Why is this is programs?
Vorg #5
Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:36 AM
Why is this is programs?

I don't understand your question
theoriginalbit #6
Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:40 AM
I don't understand your question
For future reference the "Programs" section is only for completed programs with a link to code. ComputerCraft and coding questions should be in "Ask a Pro". If you are unsure of where to post, go the safe way and post it in "General".
Vorg #7
Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:40 AM
from the post about the program I'm trying to load:
Installation:
Put the code in a text document without ending in …yourMinecraftDirection\mods\ComputerCraft.zip\lua\rom\programs\turtle
Or if you are running a server you have to put it in …yourMinecraftServerDirection\mods\ComputerCraft.zip\lua\rom\programs\turtle

I tried the turtle folder. Still nothing even after restarting, though the other post indicated restarting should not be needed. I am not running a server, but am playing on a server. Is that the problem? we should still be able to load locally for our own turtles/computers regardless of being on a server or not.
Sammich Lord #8
Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:43 AM
No, the server ROM and client ROM are different. The client ROM is for SSP while the server ROM is for SMP.
Vorg #9
Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:15 AM
So any idea why I can't make this program show up on the turtle in game?