This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
NullSchritt's profile picture

Filling a Chest with a Specific Patterns

Started by NullSchritt, 03 May 2013 - 04:23 PM
NullSchritt #1
Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:23 PM
Hello I was wondering if it would be possible to make a program that can fill the first line of a chest to a certain configuration (like 2xpaper 1xpaper 1xpaper 1xpaper 1xpaper 2x redstone), and then simulate rightclicking a sign.

My goal is to build a dialing computer system for the server side stargate plugin. Basically you fill the top row with a pattern of items, and this is the address of where you want to go, and then you click the sign and it dials the address(puts the right item pattern in the top row).

It's a lot of work for people to remember the addresses, as any item in any stack amount can be used, from 7-9 slots.

I know I would have to make a manual database of address locations and their patterns.

I am just wondering if it would be possible to make such an automated gate "dailing" computer, and if so, what tutorials/resources I might look into, to start making it. I current program in PHP, and AutoIt, so I understand code logic, but I have never before use used LUA, so I'm still a total noob to it!

Thanks for any advice and help.
NullSchritt #2
Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:32 AM
Actually there is a command that can connect two gates based on their IDs, so I figured it would be a more efficient idea to make a simple program that uses the computer's name as the source, and asks the user to type in their destination.