This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
SilentDeath236's profile picture

Melee turtle help

Started by SilentDeath236, 06 May 2013 - 09:20 AM
SilentDeath236 #1
Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:20 AM
Topic: Melee turtle help

Im trying to set up a basic mob farm. Problem is when ever i place the turtles try drop my fps to low. So im trying to set it up so they are off with redstone. Problem is turtles don't work anymore. I have used redstone wire, torch, even jacked wire and it doest respond to it. So is it my program or is there some trick to get the turtle to respond to redstone.

Here is my program

while true do
while redstone.getInput("back") do
turtle.attack()
sleep(.1)
end
sleep(.5)
end
GiggityGlum #2
Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:36 AM
Add Me on Skype At GiggityGlum And I'll Help You Out!
Spongy141 #3
Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:57 PM
Just a tip, do [*code] and [*/code] around your code. Also indenting is nice too.
To your FPS, its probably your computer, either your CPU or RAM is being used up.
I went ahead and tested your code, it works fine. Make sure you have installed everything correctly, re install anything if you want, it might fix the problem (I'm saying might since it also might be since your Java might not be getting enough RAM, so its bugging minecraft…) Or I may be wrong. Hope I helped.

If you do have low RAM, try downloading game booster, I found that it works great, and when I did need it I was getting about 20 FPS with only 2 gbs of RAM (I now have more…).