This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
jakemg's profile picture

making use of gps

Started by jakemg, 10 May 2013 - 04:37 PM
jakemg #1
Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:37 PM
Hi, i would really like to start making use of my gps system. Is there a way to make it so my turtle goes to start mining at a set of locations (its a strip mining program) any way how would I go about that. I would show you my script but its on a server. but its just a simple 3x3 branch mining script
jakemg #2
Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:08 PM
no one? please help
Grim Reaper #3
Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:58 PM
Do you mean that you don't have access to the HTTP API? Even if you're on a server, you should be able to upload the file using the native pastebin program or use the pastebin API which you can find here. However, you can't do any of the things that I mentioned previously if you don't have access to the HTTP API.

If you can't use the HTTP API we can still help you. What you're asking for is possible, so no worries there ;)/> Just post back here if you can find a way to get your script to us.
jakemg #4
Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:30 AM
Im asking if there is a way to send my turtles to specific location based off of my "gps satalites" but i already figured it out =D i now have one amazing turtle swarm strip miners and i dont even have to touch them =D
Grim Reaper #5
Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:55 PM
Awesome! If you don't mind, how exactly did you go about doing that? :)/>
jakemg #6
Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:45 PM
but setting local values of x y and z and having it constantly sending its coods then having the computer direct the turtle instead of the turtle directin its self