This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
TorakTu's profile picture

Using CC to toggle on and off ( OpenCCSensors included )

Started by TorakTu, 11 May 2013 - 11:28 AM
TorakTu #1
Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:28 PM
Ok I been trying to solve this.. but not sure how to go about it.

Here is the scenario. I have a nuclear power plant. The OpenCCSensors mod is installed to "see" info about the power plant. Not sure how to get it to "see" how much power is left or any kind of timing on the power plant yet. If the numbers get below a certain level, I want the power plant to be shut down by the advanced computer. I then want it to automatically kick in the solar array system that can also be monitored by the computer.. somehow. Once the computer detects that the nuclear reactor is stable ( do to temperatures or power output.. I don't know.. lol ) I want it to shut down the solar power feed and restart the nuclear power and feed the power to the rest of the grid.

I don't know if OpenCCSensors is all I need. I am not even sure HOW to code this properly. Using the Advanced Computers, getting input from the nuclear reactor I can do. From the solar power, I have not done yet. If its even possible with OpenCCSensors or not.

Anyone with knowledge of all this, please.. enlighten me. :D/>
Lyqyd #2
Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:33 PM
You should be able to use the inventory sensor to look at the damage values on the uranium cells to determine time remaining.