This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
waukonda's profile picture

Making a sign

Started by waukonda, 21 May 2013 - 05:46 PM
waukonda #1
Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:46 PM
Hi!
I have made an image in paint and i'm looking for a simple program to put the image on a monitor on startup. This way I can set it up and leave it alone through server restarts. I'm sure there is a VERY simple solution, i just can't seem to find it anywhere after three days of googling.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Daryl
Lyqyd #2
Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:44 AM
Split into new topic.

If I recall correctly, this should be a relatively simple matter of opening the file, redirecting the terminal to the screen, and using the paintutils API to draw it.
Zudo #3
Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:26 AM
If I recall correctly, this should be a relatively simple matter of opening the file, redirecting the terminal to the screen, and using the paintutils API to draw it.

I have done that before for my Tekkit space program, and it works
LordIkol #4
Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

I have done that before for my Tekkit space program, and it works

to Quote Cpt. Jack Sparrow: "Well, that's even more than less than unhelpful."

@Topic: if i understand you correct you want a code that redirects the terminal to a monitor then draws an Image if so then this should do it.

term.redirect(peripheral.wrap("yourside"))
image = paintutils.loadImage("yourimage")
paintutils.drawImage(image, 1, 1)

by the way, all 3 lines of code are from the wiki page found Here in the term and paintutils API

greets Loki