This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
kenzishi's profile picture

How come when im playing in a server turtle attack is not working?

Started by kenzishi, 04 June 2013 - 09:15 PM
kenzishi #1
Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:15 PM
so i tested the same code in single player and it works fine and attacks me and mobs just fine.
yet when i join this server it does not work at all the pastebin is working and active also my single player is the same version same mods and its a Feed the beast server. is there a config option i need to let my server owner know about? or is it a bug or what can anyone please help?

p.s i am using this link's code. http://www.computerc...hanting-turtle/
Lyqyd #2
Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:46 PM
Split into new topic.

What difficulty is the server set on? Are you in creative mode? Is PVP enabled? What were you trying to have it attack?
kenzishi #3
Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:33 PM
Split into new topic.

What difficulty is the server set on? Are you in creative mode? Is PVP enabled? What were you trying to have it attack?

not sure of difficulty but i know hunger damage's me but i never tested if it kills or just half a heart and stops or what… not creative though i was in the single player world, pvp is enabled where i am using the turtle at,my skeleton spawner and myself by moving in front of the turtle and standing on top and in single player both spots it would hit me when creative was off.
Bomb Bloke #4
Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:21 PM
Plugins such as PermissionsEx may prevent turtles from functioning correctly.
kenzishi #5
Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:18 PM
so the server has permissionsEx is there a way around this that is known?
MudkipTheEpic #6
Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:42 PM
Try /op ComputerCraft
Bomb Bloke #7
Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:52 AM
Um, that sounds like a very bad idea… Wouldn't that allow anyone who could place a turtle to go crazy digging up protected areas such as spawn, etc?
MudkipTheEpic #8
Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:35 AM
Youre right… Just give them the same perms as your member in the config file.