This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
lesauvage's profile picture

start up computer when reboot

Started by lesauvage, 12 June 2013 - 04:12 PM
lesauvage #1
Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:12 PM
Hi, I would like to know if there's a way to startup my computers when server restart?

I do use some monitor as "sign" but I need to boot them everytime because it shows nothing in the monitor, I have set a shell.run("filename") in my startup.

Sorry for my english, I am french, let me know if you don't understand what I mean.
PixelToast #2
Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:05 PM
the computer should restart when the server restarts, when you hold down ctrl-r does it restart properly?
lesauvage #3
Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:16 PM
Yes, it does restart on ctrl-R
danny_delmax1 #4
Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:15 PM
Are you using any other mods? Anything like tekkit or ftb?
Are you using Mulitverse? Bukkit? etc?
Personally, on a server I was working on we had a similar issue- the monitors actually had to be chunkloaded to start up due to a multiverse issue.

Also, can you post the code in Code tags or Pastebin? That could hold the issue, too.
Does it turn off just on server restart or chunk unload too?
Do you have to ctrl-R it, or just open the terminal?
lesauvage #5
Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:58 AM
Yes, I am using other mods, a lot. We'ren't using modpacks like tekkit or ftb.

I think it is with chunk like you said, it turn off when there's no one in the area.

I only open the terminal, there's no arrow on it, it is shutdown.
theoriginalbit #6
Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:06 AM
That is the correct functionality, when the chunk unloads it will turn off. However if it was previously on, when the chunk reloads it will turn on again.
However if you don't want it to turn off ever, use a chunk loader to keep that area loaded and therefore the computer too, then the only time it will turn off is a server restart.

Which version of ComputerCraft are you using, there was a bug in an older version where they wouldn't turn on.
lesauvage #7
Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:46 AM
I am using the latest computercraft version 1.53 with 1.5.2 mc version.

I'll try with the chunk loader.
theoriginalbit #8
Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:58 AM
Well in that case the bug has definitely been fixed and would not occur any more. So yeh, best to just use a chunk loader so they never unload.
Zombie_WeeD #9
Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:44 PM
I have this problum as well i had no idea computers where suposed to autostart but a fix i have been using is turtles do autostart without any ishue that i am aware of. so what i do is make a turtle and edit its startup to look something like this….

c=peripheral.wrap("front")
c.turnOn()

that will turn on the comptuer in front of it

hope this helps i signed up just to reply to this :D/> so good luck
nomer888 #10
Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:14 AM
c=peripheral.wrap("front")
c.turnOn()

Alternatively,

peripheral.wrap("front").turnOn()