This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
gronkdamage's profile picture

turtles and buildcraft pipes...

Started by gronkdamage, 14 June 2013 - 01:05 AM
gronkdamage #1
Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:05 AM
I would have thought that turtle.drop() would put stuff into a pipe - but it doesn't. I could use an obsidian pipe; but is there a way that you can have a turtle pipe stuff away? (using a stone pipe if it matters)
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:11 AM
Nope no way, it will have to be an obsidian pipe or a chest, with a wooden pipe + either redstone engine or autoartarctic gate to extract the item into the pipe system. Theoretically the wooden pipe should be able to take from the turtle, not too sure, you may want to check that one.
ironwiccan #3
Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:30 AM
The wooden pipe+turtle workes for me. Just have tbe turtle put out a redstone signal the top to run a redstone engine and have it wait till its empty to leave. Of course you could pipe coal back into your turtle. Tomorrow ill see what I can do about a code.
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:34 AM
Just have tbe turtle put out a redstone signal the top to run a redstone engine and have it wait till its empty to leave.code.
The other option is to use a logic gate on the pipe that outputs a redstone signal when there are items in the inventory. And opposed to the engine, use an autartarctic gate.
Lyqyd #5
Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:05 PM
Autarchic gates are indeed far more convenient than redstone engines. :P/>