This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
austin1397's profile picture

Turtles Conflicting With Jobs and Mcmmo Plugin

Started by austin1397, 17 June 2013 - 01:19 PM
austin1397 #1
Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:19 PM
Title: Turtles Conflicting With Jobs and Mcmmo Plugin

I'm having an issue on a server that has both the Jobs and Mcmmo plugin. According to the server owner, the server was automatically rollbacked once and crashed twice due to the meele turtles conflicting with Jobs and Mcmmo because they both thought that the turtle is a player and they wanted to give money/xp to them. We have GroupManager and I believe that turtles follow whatever permissions the Default group has, but the owner believes that turtles aren't Default because he took away the permission for default players to build (but didn't restart the server) and turtles still could build. I'm looking for answers to the following:
  • Are turtles considered Default and would taking away Default player's permission to use the Jobs and MCMMO plugin fix this?
  • Is there a way to take away/adjust only the permissions of Turtles without having the Default groups permissions needing to be changed?
Additional Information:
  • Feed The Beast Ultimate
  • Minecraft 1.4.7
  • ComputerCraft Version 1.5
-Austin1397
Lyqyd #2
Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:18 PM
Split into new topic.

To the extent that ComputerCraft uses a "player" to perform certain actions, it uses an opped fake player named ComputerCraft. You could try adjusting the permissions for that "player" and see if it fixes anything. The developers generally do not support bugs cause by the presence of Bukkit/MCPC+, so you are likely to be mostly on your own. I'll poke Cloudy to take a gander at this next time I see him on IRC.