This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Ghostseeker's profile picture

Communication with computer and turtles help

Started by Ghostseeker, 22 June 2013 - 05:06 AM
Ghostseeker #1
Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:06 AM
Hello guys, need some help with something, i really want my turtles to do their job using 1 computer, don't want to run the program on each turtle everytime, because when i disconnect from the server, they forget their programs and have to run their program again, so, what is the coding to run the turtles' programs using 1 computer? thanks.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:29 PM
Split into new topic.
Bomb Bloke #3
Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:19 PM
Although you can have the remote turtles run programs that'll accept commands from a single "master" computer, you cannot rig things so that only the "master" computer is running a program.

If you want a turtle/computer to automatically run a program when it starts up, name that script "startup".

If the turtles are moving about, you'll need to devise a way to have them work out what they were doing at the time of the shutdown. A GPS system is probably the best way to do this, but requires you to set up satellites around the place (which aren't exactly expensive).
Ghostseeker #4
Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:23 PM
Ahh, that's why. . i named my turtles "turtle" and they weren't working when i leave the chunk and get back, thanks Bomb. for now, i don't need wireless modems and that kind of stuff. :D/>