This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
iMontouch's profile picture

Direction of placed Block

Started by iMontouch, 23 June 2013 - 02:04 PM
iMontouch #1
Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:04 PM
Hey.
Is there a possibility to say the turtle in which direction the placed block (turtle eg.) should be placed?
My script is placing turtles and they should all look in the same direction, but some of them were looking in other directions.

Alternatively i could tell them all to turn to North (eg.) before starting their script. But I have no idea on how to do so..

Any suggestions?
Lyqyd #2
Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:58 PM
Split into new topic.

There is no way to control the direction of a placed block beyond simply ensuring that your turtle is facing the correct way when placing it, to whatever extent that that works.
iMontouch #3
Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:31 AM
so, if a turtle places them looking north, its 100% safe that they are all looking north?
because thats essentialy for my code.
iMontouch #4
Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:48 PM
so i was making sure that my turtle would look in the right direction, but the placed turtles all were looking in random directions. I dont know why.. can someone help me please?
fsa #5
Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:09 PM
so i was making sure that my turtle would look in the right direction, but the placed turtles all were looking in random directions. I dont know why.. can someone help me please?
Placement of turtles using other turtles doesn't appear random at all to me, at least not from the tests I just performed. Turtles seem to place blocks facing away from themselves, while players place blocks facing toward themselves. You will need to act accordingly in your script.

If you could post some code, I (and others, no doubt) would be happy to take a look. :)/>