This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
MatazaNz's profile picture

Making a help topic

Started by MatazaNz, 24 June 2013 - 12:29 AM
MatazaNz #1
Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:29 AM
Gosh, I feel like I've posted here too much for one day, but here goes.

I have just about finished my API, and I want to make a help topic for it so I don't have to keep explaining it to my friends. All I want it to do it give a brief overview of it, how to load it, and list the functions it has.

Thank you for any help, and I promise this will be the last you'll hear from me today :P/>
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:09 AM
There is no specific spot for help topics.

If the API already has a thread:
Add the help information into there.

If you haven't made a thread for it:
Make a new topic in APIs and Utilities, put the information, download and any screenshots for your API in the thread.
Lyqyd #3
Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:48 AM
Do you mean having the program add an entry to the "help" command on the computers, or a forum post here explaining it?
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:49 AM
Do you mean having the program add an entry to the "help" command on the computers
Oh I didn't even realise that interpretation…
superaxander #5
Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:03 AM
look at this reply from mads
http://www.computerc...post__p__107877

or just see this

help.setPath("/rom/help/:somehelpfolder/")

Notice the colon. That will do so that you can add the files to somehelpfolder/, and it will be registered.
MatazaNz #6
Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:44 AM
Do you mean having the program add an entry to the "help" command on the computers, or a forum post here explaining it?
I was meaning to add an entry to the help command. Sorry I didn't make the post very specific, I didn't know how to write it without sounding like I was asking about making a help thread.