This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
TeaPartyIdiot's profile picture

Program will not run

Started by TeaPartyIdiot, 25 June 2013 - 09:25 AM
TeaPartyIdiot #1
Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:25 AM
I'm having a problem with Pastebin. I am THIS close to making ApertureOS available for download from there; however, the startup file doesn't seem to work. It will download the core AOS files and unpack them, but then, nothing. The core of the startup worked (everything after the first "if" statement) when I created it, and continues to work after my usual .zip installation method of AOS, but seems to stop working after I download it from pastebin. Let me know if you know what the problem is.

pastebin get ddrJiGV6 AOInstall

Thanks for any help!
Zudo #2
Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:53 AM
On which line does it error? Or do you not know?

SpoilerPlease, for the love of god:

sleep(1)
    print(" Complete")
    sleep (2)
    write ("\nLoading Specfiles . . .")
    sleep(1)
    print(" Complete")
    sleep(2)
    write("\nIroning out wrinkles . . .")
    sleep(1)
    print(" The pants look great!")
    sleep(2)
    write("\nAlmost done! Preparing User Setup . . .")
    sleep(1)
    print(" Complete")
    sleep(2)
Why sleep?
TeaPartyIdiot #3
Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

sleep(1)
	print(" Complete")
	sleep (2)
	sleep(1)
	print(" Complete")
	sleep(2)
	sleep(1)
	sleep(2)
	sleep(1)
	print(" Complete")
	sleep(2)
Why sleep?

It doesn't say. I run it, but nothing happens. The terminal just goes to the next line, no error or anything. Also, what's wrong with sleep? How should I make delays?
apemanzilla #4
Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

sleep(1)
	print(" Complete")
	sleep (2)
	sleep(1)
	print(" Complete")
	sleep(2)
	sleep(1)
	sleep(2)
	sleep(1)
	print(" Complete")
	sleep(2)
Why sleep?

It doesn't say. I run it, but nothing happens. The terminal just goes to the next line, no error or anything. Also, what's wrong with sleep? How should I make delays?
Its not that its bad, its just pointless… It does nothing… When you start debugging and have to wait for it to "load" every time you want to run it, you'll understand.
Avengera #5
Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:01 PM
I'm having a problem with Pastebin. I am THIS close to making ApertureOS available for download from there; however, the startup file doesn't seem to work. It will download the core AOS files and unpack them, but then, nothing. The core of the startup worked (everything after the first "if" statement) when I created it, and continues to work after my usual .zip installation method of AOS, but seems to stop working after I download it from pastebin. Let me know if you know what the problem is.

pastebin get ddrJiGV6 AOInstall

Thanks for any help!
From what I understand, it just goes through the program, and exits, without any error, and the program worked fine BEFORE uploading to pastebin?

Pastebin doesn't change anything as far as I know, the one basic thing you could do is put a print statement after every function run, or throughout say every 10 code lines, then you can start to narrow down where the program is hiccuping. I ran quickly through the code and didn't see anything stand out in particular, good luck with your debugging.
TeaPartyIdiot #6
Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:19 PM
I'm going to take a look at the pastebin program, because I've tried both "pasetbin put" and copy+paste the code from the computercraft file. The original file works both before and after I copy it to pastebin, but when it's retrieved from pastebin, nothing happens when I run the file. It just skips to the next line, with no output or error.