This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
gsgrego's profile picture

Cd from disk back to os/root

Started by gsgrego, 26 June 2013 - 07:42 PM
gsgrego #1
Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:42 PM
Cd from disk back to os/root

So I simply cannot figure this out and it makes no sense to me thus far and I cannot find anything on it. You can do cd disk and go to the disk drive but the only way I found to get back is to reboot or exit the computer which seems completely redundant to me.
Cranium #2
Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:23 AM
Split to new topic.

To return to a previous directory, use "cd ..", and to return to the root directory use "cd /".
CraftOS uses Linux-like commands, and allows many other similarities, such as rm, mkdir, cp, and the like. If you're familiar with linux, you'll find yourself right at home.
gsgrego #3
Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:10 AM
Split to new topic.

To return to a previous directory, use "cd ..", and to return to the root directory use "cd /".
CraftOS uses Linux-like commands, and allows many other similarities, such as rm, mkdir, cp, and the like. If you're familiar with linux, you'll find yourself right at home.

HAHAHAHA! So somehow[ aka I was more tired than I thought or something else happened cause I don't remember doing this] I renamed the program I was testing on the disk to cd. Not quite sure how though, lol.
0099 #4
Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:28 PM
Split to new topic.

HAHAHAHA! So somehow[ aka I was more tired than I thought or something else happened cause I don't remember doing this] I renamed the program I was testing on the disk to cd. Not quite sure how though, lol.
Create a "undeletable" program named rm :)/>
albrat #5
Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:56 AM
Create a "undeletable" program named rm :)/>

it is still deletable… :D/> just use "cp rm stopdel" and "delete stopdel" or even just "delete rm" and it deletes it.