This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Mackan90096's profile picture

[Question] Changing key layout?

Started by Mackan90096, 09 July 2013 - 02:22 AM
Mackan90096 #1
Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:22 AM
Hi there!

I use the right alt key (which is called Alt Gr in Sweden) to make these characters: { } [ ] $ £ @ €

But when I use that key ingame, it changes the menu of the edit program to the save, exit and print thing..

My question:

Can I change this in any way?
If so, how?

(Sorry for messy explaining)

(oh, if this is in the wrong section of the forum, please move it to the correct one)

thanks // Mackan90096
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:42 AM
you can, but it means modifying the `edit` program which has to be done in the computercraft.zip files (or taking a copy of the program and using that instead)

Modify line 553 to remove "param == keys.leftCtrl" and either leave the right in there or remove that too and add whatever you want as your key.
Mackan90096 #3
Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:30 AM
Alright.. Thanks.
:)/>
H4X0RZ #4
Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:56 AM
Or you press the alt gr key one time then hold it (Them menu closes) and then press then you want…
albrat #5
Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:47 AM
I have the same problem with a danish keyboard… I set my keyboard languages in windows to english and danish. (windows has a default key combo to fast switch between keyboard languages Right - CTRL + Right - SHIFT) So I hot switch my keyboard to english to type the chars which are then

å¨ = [ ] and shift = {}
æø' = ;'# and Shift = :@~
2345 = "£$%

I am not sure how to do the Euro sign on a english keyboard, it is listed as ALT GR + 4 on english KB, alt Gr + E on european Kb…