This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Didact04's profile picture

Movement Errors?

Started by Didact04, 23 April 2012 - 10:43 PM
Didact04 #1
Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:43 AM
I'm not particularly savvy with programming. That's why I'm doing small tests for my turtles before I start to do anything that could potentially damage things. I wanted to start simple, get the hang of its movement commands so it can tend to a farm, then take it to the nether and do some glowstone mining or something. That kind of thing.

Whenever I try to get the turtle to do something, however, I get an error in response to the program I've written or just edited. It can print text just fine, and the Lua works as well. Whenever I try to write a program that involves the turtle moving, it gives me this error:

bios:206: [string "<name of program, usually test>":<number of lines/commands>: '=' expected

I've written and re-written this thing a hundred times, I can't figure out what the problem is. At first I thought it was a format issue but I'm following an online tutorial video to the letter and I can't seem to make it move at all. I don't know what the problem is.

I'm not programming a database here, I'm just trying to move a turtle. Can anyone help me out?
Luanub #2
Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:47 AM
Sure but we will need code and the error message in order to do so :)/>/>
Didact04 #3
Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:00 AM
I think I fixed it, apparently I forgot some parentheses. Gonna test some more.