This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
oedze's profile picture

Uploading To Pastebin On Your Account

Started by oedze, 22 July 2013 - 12:10 PM
oedze #1
Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:10 PM
he everybody

i got a question about uploading stuf to pastebin with pastebin put [filename]

i saw in the program you can change the api_development_key, but i change it to my key, it doest work
the question is, if this is blocked, or something else is happening, can someone explain it, it would be great if i can upload to my own account on pastebin.

-oedze
Thib0704 #2
Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:14 PM
Are you trying to edit it ingame ?
If yes then you must know that all rom programs are unable to be changed ingame
To fix it just "cp /rom/programs/http/pastebin /pastebin"
and then "edit /pastebin"
and do what you need to do.
if no can you please send us your code.
Grim Reaper #3
Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:16 PM
Look into http://pastebin.com/api.

Also, Cranium wrote a program a while ago which allows you to do this. I wrote my own streamline client for personal use, if you want to see that code.
Cranium #4
Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:22 PM
Changing the developer key does not change which account it goes to, it simply identifies the developer.
Take a look at the rest of the Pastebin API, specifically about the unique user ID once logged in.
If you want to look into how to post to your own pastebin account, take a look at the program SmartPaste in my signature. I've set it up so you can upload and download programs to/from your account. There is a login() function you can take a look at, which should help you figure out how to obtain such a login key.

EDIT: Too slow, thanks for the mention, Grim Reaper!
Edited on 22 July 2013 - 12:23 PM
oedze #5
Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:13 PM
thanks for al your replies, i will check what you send me
oedze #6
Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:31 PM
thanks for your quick answers, i can really use them, i will just use your program cranium :)/>

thanks
-oedze