This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
jessechisel126's profile picture

Possible Bug And/or Coding Error With Turtle Teleporters

Started by jessechisel126, 23 July 2013 - 12:49 AM
jessechisel126 #1
Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:49 AM
I have been messing around with a Gate Reader Engineering Turtle (from Misc Peripherals) to charge a Redstone Energy Cell and then transport it to my Quarry. Last night, everything was going smoothly with the whole setup. Today, I login, and the turtle won't teleport. I have tried giving it plenty of fuel (over 13000) and re linking the teleporters, but it won't teleport. I haven't gotten any error messages, and it just acts as if there is no teleport command at all, and just skips over it. I tried testing it with brand new teleporters in a test world and it would teleport once, but then afterwards it would just say "false" after typing in the teleport command. I'm using TurtleOS v1.5 on Minecraft v1.4.7 with Direwolf20's Feed The Beast Modpack. Some other version info: MCO v7.26a, FML v4.7.35.556, Forge 6.6.2.534.

What could be causing this issue?
Lyqyd #2
Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:44 AM
Split into new topic.

You may have better luck posting your bug report in the MiscPeripherals thread (or the thread of whichever peripheral mod adds the teleporter).
jessechisel126 #3
Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:12 AM
Thanks. Yeah, I'm brand new to this forum so I had no idea where to post this. I'll post on the MiscPeripherals thread now as well.
PixelToast #4
Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:59 AM
on a server?
and your using a way outdated version of MiscPeripherals
jessechisel126 #5
Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:38 PM
on a server?
and your using a way outdated version of MiscPeripherals

It's Single Player. And it's the most up to date possible (3.1) without going past Minecraft 1.4.7. The pack is purposefully kept there because not all of the mods are updated, so he keeps the Minecraft version back a few updates to be able to include all of the mods (at least, for when he was doing his Let's Play back in early 2013; they could all be up to date now, idk).

I'm following along with direwolf in his videos and he's doing pretty much the same thing I am and his teleporters don't have a problem. That plus the fact that it was teleporting fine yesterday makes me think it's not the fact that it's outdated, but I could be wrong.
Lyqyd #6
Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:55 PM
Don't expect very much support if you're not using the latest version. Most modders are unwilling to support every older version of their mod ad infinitum.
jessechisel126 #7
Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:53 AM
Oh well, it was worth a shot. I'll have to think up another way to transport my energy around, but that will be fun to figure out from scratch.

Lyqyd: Thanks for being a helpful admin, some forums have horrible admins and I'm glad this isn't one of em.
apemanzilla #8
Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:24 PM
If all you're doing is bringing power to a quarry, why don't you use tesseracts? Sure, you'll get a bit of power loss but it's much simpler and more reliable than turtles with cells and teleporters. Otherwise, have the turtle drop the cell in an enderchest, and on the other side use a deployer to place it and a different gate reader engineering turtle to break it. No energy loss, but more complicated to set up.
jessechisel126 #9
Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:49 PM
If all you're doing is bringing power to a quarry, why don't you use tesseracts? Sure, you'll get a bit of power loss but it's much simpler and more reliable than turtles with cells and teleporters. Otherwise, have the turtle drop the cell in an enderchest, and on the other side use a deployer to place it and a different gate reader engineering turtle to break it. No energy loss, but more complicated to set up.

Yeah, I was figuring I would do something like that with enderchests. I still have the infrastructure to run the quarry on biogas engines directly (albeit slowly), so for the time being I'm doing that. I've never used tesseracts before, though, so I might look into that too.