This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
pjensen68321's profile picture

Chunk Loader / Chunk Loader Turtle

Started by pjensen68321, 03 August 2013 - 02:03 AM
pjensen68321 #1
Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:03 AM
Hi.

I have made mining script for the turtle from computercraft. and now i want to make a system that build the mining base by it self. the only problem i got is how to add a chunk loader with a turtle.

my thoughts was to eather place a normal chunk loader and let the turtle program it somehow, or make a chunk loader turtle and run a script on that.

the problem is. i dont know how to change the radius of a normal or a turtle. not by another turtle anyway.

what is the command to change the radius for a chunk loader turtle?

what kind of turtle can change a normal chunk loader radius?

thanks…

btw. i'm using direwold20 1.5 mod pack. if thats any help…
Apfeldstrudel #2
Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:35 AM
I doubt that is possible, and … ask questions in ask a pro…
Lyqyd #3
Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:40 PM
Moved to Ask a Pro.
ErolDude #4
Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:04 PM
If you are refering to the chunkloader turtle from miscperipherals, then there is a way, though the only way to do it is through config. But the 1x1 chunkloading range should be adequate for motion. If you need a more advanced setup then do the following:
Make 2 chunkloaders (ChickenChunks) and make one extra turtle, that will be behind or ahead of the original turtle. Essentially you want the first turtle to be in a seperate chunk from the second one. Make the second turtle place a chunkloader therefore loading the first turtle. Make the first turtle move to the edge of the chunkloaders range, not sure what it is. I am presuming 3x3 chunks and make that turtle place its loader. Now the other turtle is supposed to destroy it's chunkloader and move to the default position, that being in the chunk before/after the first turtle. It places it's chunkloader, and the first turtle just breaks it's and keeps doing what it was doing
when the first turtle reaches the end of the 3x3 chunks, rinse and repeat. This could be synced using rednet, so the turtles know what they are doing. PM me if you need more help. I am willing to help you out.
pjensen68321 #5
Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:36 PM
i made a script that kinda escavates an aread (but limit the yeld of cobble and dirt) from button and up in a circle with a radius of about 64, wich means that if i just could load about 4 chunks in radius from the center (where the gps setup and the mining server is locatet), it would be fine. having another turtle moving after the miner itself would be kinda inapropiate since it goes back the same way it got out and also only could be behind. it's not possible to be in front of the miner. but i guess i just put down the chunk loader manually, until someone make something that can be programmed to load more chunks.

but, hmmm maybe i can do some placing and removing of chunks.
thanks, i think about it.

and sorry for posting in wrong thread, actually knew that i was supposed to post in ask a pro, just forgot it…
Ryltarr #6
Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:59 PM
Well, I've not had experience with the misc peripherals, but I do have an idea for the two chunkloader turtle problem. You said that it's 'impossible' to be in front of the mining turtle, however what if the second chunkloader turtle was above the ground? (Say, way up in the sky?)
Just an idea, I have no idea if it could work. Good luck man.
PixelToast #7
Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:18 PM
wouldn't a 1x1 chunk load restrict movement 1 chunk? if the turtle is not in the chunk, its not loaded and turtles cant go into unloaded chunks