This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
playlocker's profile picture

Trouble Copying Files

Started by playlocker, 06 August 2013 - 07:50 AM
playlocker #1
Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:50 AM
I've tried "cp disk/programName /", but it does'nt work. It just print: "file:13:Access Denied"
Lyqyd #2
Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:02 PM
I've split this into a new topic.
subzero22 #3
Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:34 AM
are you trying to make an install program or just copy a file from a disk? If it's just a program from a disk you would do "cp disk/programName name" without quates. If you want to make an install program you would want something like this. fs.copy("disk/programName" , "name")
jay5476 #4
Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:44 AM
I believe that "/" is the default directory or can be used as, so you are trying to copy to a directory and it wont be allowed(acsess denied) try copying to a different programName
svdragster #5
Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:12 AM
If you want to copy something on a disk or from a disk, you have to go to the main dir first.
So you have to write fs.copy("/disk/YourProgram", "/otherProgramName")
reububble #6
Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:42 AM
If there's still an error, it could also be because you didn't save the file correctly. This has happened to me before and the best way to sort it out (other than making sure it saves properly in the first place) is to Ctrl+R
TheOddByte #7
Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:49 PM
I don't know but when you get the "access denied" error sometimes it may be because of that you've saved a file and forgot to close it

file = fs.open("example","w")
file.writeLine("print('Hello World')")
And thus it stays open and I now that you can't delete it and I think it's the same for copying etc.
Try rebooting the computer and then see if you can copy the file, If it's successful the file will be blank though since my guess is that you've messed up with a file saving and forgot to close it..

file = fs.open("example","w")
file.writeLine("print('Hello World')")
file.close() -- Closing the file so it doesn't error

Please let us know if this works now ;)/>