This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
usadfam's profile picture

Vi/Vim-like editor for computers.

Started by usadfam, 19 August 2013 - 10:07 PM
usadfam #1
Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:07 AM
Just wanted to make a suggestion. Coding in game is often pain, especially if rewriting and editing a lot, and coding outside of game does not let to test things easily as you go, so better text editor for computers(and turtles) could help. I think basic vi/vim functionality would simplify things significantly, and also will comply nicely with overall style of the mod (as opposed to some sort of GUI IDE).
Lyqyd #2
Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:15 AM
Split into new topic.

There are a number of other editors (and I believe even one that is supposed to be vim-like) on the forums. Take a look around, you might find something you like!
LordIkol #3
Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:08 AM
i recommend this one for ingame editing, my peronal favorite.

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/12347-luaide-10-you-might-actually-like-editing-in-game/page__hl__%20ingame%20%20editor

have fun
Zudo #4
Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:06 PM
i recommend this one for ingame editing, my peronal favorite.

http://www.computerc...ame%20%20editor

have fun

It isn't really Vi(m) though is it?
Last1Here #5
Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:57 PM
taco is a pretty good one here, but nothing beats notepad++ and just pastebining it
H4X0RZ #6
Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:29 PM
taco is a pretty good one here, but nothing beats notepad++ and just pastebining it
SLT2 is the best ;)/>
But my favourite "IDE" is Light Table
Last1Here #7
Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:46 PM
SLT2 is the best ;)/>
But my favourite "IDE" is Light Table

light table does look nice, might have to give it a try.
floppyjack #8
Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

I think using vim running in a bash terminal on linux and patebining it is better.
(Just what I prefer)