This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
grom79's profile picture

Turtle.suck with IC2 Miner and Inventory Module

Started by grom79, 09 September 2013 - 05:04 AM
grom79 #1
Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:04 AM
Title: Turtle.suck with IC2 Miner and Inventory Module
Hello, my question is: can I pull items out of the Miner with turtle.suck? I need to pull drill and scanner out of it. I have Inventory Module installed on turtle, but it still doesn't work, or I don't understand how does it work (Router can pull out of the Miner, so it means that it IS possible, but I don't know how to configure router with turtle)
Lyqyd #2
Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:43 AM
Split into new topic.
JaWriter #3
Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:59 AM
Couple of trouble shooting steps to take:
1) Have you tried sucking the appropriate objects from different sides of the miner? (Top, left, right, back, front, bottom). Most "slots" corespond to a relative geometry of the block. (Thermal craft devices are excellent examples of this)
2) I'm not sure, but I think I've seen code where turtles will pull from slot 2 or 3 (basically a specific slot #) of a chest. Will that code help you pull the mining objects?
3) The brute force method: Position the turtle below the miner, dig up, suck up… Did you get everything?
I am not a super coding person and my experience is limited… but some of that might help…
grom79 #4
Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:58 PM
1. I've tried to suck from top and side (bottom is blocked because of the mining pipe, I need to pull drill first). I can only suck mining pipes with turtle.suck().
2. I though that using Inventory Module with that expanded suck command would work, but I don't know if I'm not using it correctly or if it's just not working. m.suck(0) gives true (pipes), (1) and (2) gives false. (Router pulling from slot 2 gets that Drill)
3. Can't position miner below because of the mining pipe, and breaking miner with pick gives other block than miner (machine block, useless), so it's not possible.
In short, I tried, but it's not working.
immibis #5
Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:12 PM
Try all the 4 different sides.
JaWriter #6
Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:16 PM
Use a wrench peripheral other than the pick axe. A wrench turtle will pull the block up without turning it into a machine block. - There is a program on here called snap and box that demonstrates this. (check the threads)…. But, also try the turtle suck(1,2) from other sides of the box. It may be mis coded on the block itself.
grom79 #7
Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:32 PM
I don't know why, but now I can suck drill from top and scanner from bottom. Problem solved, thank you for help.