This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
qwerty6543's profile picture

following turtle

Started by qwerty6543, 30 April 2012 - 08:47 PM
qwerty6543 #1
Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:47 PM
I have a turtle and i want it to follow me somehow, is there any way i can do this? help!
MysticT #2
Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:54 PM
Maybe with some peripheral (mod), because you can't get the player position with CC.
I think that the ccSensors peripheral has a player sensor, maybe it can give you it's position and you can send the turtle the coordinates to go. Check it out on the peripherals forum, if it can't there's no way to do it, sorry :)/>/>
OmegaVest #3
Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:57 PM
Well, it's not entirely impossible. There are ways you can get a turtle to recognize a player, but it is a little wonky.
Basically, how this works is that the Turtle cannot dig a player, so generally (in my experiments, at least) will return false for dig. Similarly, it cannot move into the player's space, and reports false for the move as well.

So, while it would not be advisable to use at, say, bedrock level, you could have a slow-moving follower. Just, make sure you stop and wait for your turtle, otherwise it will just sit and wait until you "touch" it again.

EDIT: I should mention I got this to work only about 50% of the time. And. . . I think I had it attached to a world when I deleted that world.