This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
mark332's profile picture

File Not Found Error [smp] [closed, But Not Solved]

Started by mark332, 08 October 2013 - 10:14 AM
mark332 #1
Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:14 PM
Hi Guys,

My problem is, that ComputerCraft won't work correctly on my server :(/>

The Computer sais "File not Found" (ex.: If you want to run a prog. from the shell)

and works again after a restart,
but especially if it has no input for a while (redstone/userinput/etc)
or it yields too long
OR the running Program is beeing terminated,

the Error comes back and the computer is acting, like it stopped running…

I hope you can help me :)/>

mark332

PS: I don't think that Memory- or CPU- Usage are causing the Problem, because they both are normally under 45%

PSS: If I have missplellings in my Post, please feel free to ignore them :)/>
I'm from Germany ;)/>
Zudo #2
Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:20 PM
So there are no programs on the computers? Try using a clean installation.
mark332 #3
Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:34 PM
Unlikely, it doesn't matter, if a program is installed or not :(/>

The thing with the installation… well, I had the same Problem, if I used a clean and fresh installation….

But, thanks, I've noticed, that I missed a litte thing…. : I'm using TekkitLite (CC 1.5) on my server ;)/>
Zudo #4
Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:36 PM
OK, that is weird.
mark332 #5
Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:43 PM
:/ I know, I had the exact same Problem in TekkitClassic (When it still was called only "Tekkit")

I hoped it will be gone in TekkitLite, but …
mark332 #6
Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:05 AM
I just found this in the Wiki ( http://computercraft...o/wiki/OS_(API) )

os.pullEvent()
os.pullEvent() causes the current program to pause, retrieving the next event from the computer's queue of events. If there is no event to read, then the program will stall until such an event becomes available. Note that if a program has not attempted to pull an event in the past ten seconds, it will be forcefully terminated to prevent CPU waste in SMP environments.

Can this be a possible Reason for the "File Not Found!" Error ?
Bomb Bloke #7
Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:56 AM
That's a regular ComputerCraft thing - pulling an event yields, and scripts that don't yield get killed (I'd expect the computer running them to reboot).

The acts of checking for changes in redstone or user input involve pulling events (along with a large amount of other tasks, eg many turtle actions). Even typing commands into the shell makes use of the event queue.

What happens if you attempt a directory listing while the problem's in effect ("dir" or "ls", can't remember which at the moment)?
mark332 #8
Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:15 AM
I'll try and write the result then :)/>

EDIT: Ok, tested it now, and the same thing happened for every program… "File not found!"

I've just noticed, that, if the Error happened at every Turtle in the Chunk and around the chunk, from the Turtle, where I tested it…
Same thing with the normal Computer…
mark332 #9
Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:25 AM
… #PUSH
Bomb Bloke #10
Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:38 AM
It boils down to two possibilities:

I was thinking that maybe your scripts were changing the active directory on you, moving you away from where you expect your programs to be.

But if that's not it, and you can't even pull directory listings, then your Minecraft installation is busted - either in terms of configuration or mods setup. If you're lucky re-installing ComputerCraft over the top of it will fix it, so I'd start from there (bearing in mind you'll need to stick with CC 1.5, on the basis that TekkitLite's running with Minecraft 1.4.7 - though for what it's worth I didn't have this issue with Mindcrack under the same versions).
mark332 #11
Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:24 PM
Hmm… maybe that using the extracted CC mod, instead of the zipped one, can result in this?
Because, normally, all Modpacks are using the zipped version, so, I've extracted it, because it's easier to edit rom- and global program files…

Maybe that only the extracted version has this "Bug" ?
Bomb Bloke #12
Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:05 PM
In the past I've seen reports of issues from other people who extracted it. Searching, it looks like so long as the extracted folder is named "ComputerCraft" it should be ok, but it may be the case with 1.5 that you need to stick with the archive.
mark332 #13
Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:33 PM
In the past I've seen reports of issues from other people who extracted it. Searching, it looks like so long as the extracted folder is named "ComputerCraft" it should be ok, but it may be the case with 1.5 that you need to stick with the archive.

Seems so…

I will find a way, where I can combine using the .zip and easy programming … :/

Thanks for your answers.