This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
drkalmenius's profile picture

Lower higher game problem

Started by drkalmenius, 10 October 2013 - 01:22 PM
drkalmenius #1
Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:22 PM
I have a problem when doing the Guess that number (seen in funshinex 1.6.2 tut called hello world), wich is basicaly a lower, higher game. I do as funshine says but get Guess:1:attemt to call nill. Can someone help?
Lyqyd #2
Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:14 PM
Split into new topic.

Please post your current code.
bobmandude9889 #3
Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:07 PM
If you don't post code we can't see where the error is
TheOddByte #4
Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:39 AM
As mentioned, Post your current code if you want help, I suggest you put it on Pastebin to make it easy for us if it is alot of code.
Also when you are posting, Take your time to spell-check the post etc. I don't mean to be harsh but it makes it easier for us to understand and makes us want to help you more if you don't throw up some bad post, And people will take you more seriously if you take your time to look through you post and make sure you didn't misspell anything or something. ( Sorry, But I am grammar nazi :P/> )
- Hellkid98

Words I found misspelled
wich - which
basicaly - basically
Guess:1:attemt to call nill - Guess:1:attempt to call nil

And about that error, I would guess you are trying to call an undeclared function

hello() -- Here is an undeclared function    OUTPUT: <programname>:1:attempt to call nil

local function hello() --Now it's declared here
    print("Hello World!")
end

hello() --Now you can call the function    OUTPUT: Hello World
awsmazinggenius #5
Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:07 PM
That error usually means you are trying to do something with nil. I cant figure out what that is if I can't see your code! You may also want probably shoukd wrap your code in
 tags, or paste it to [url="http://www.pastebin.com/"]http://www.pastebin.com/[/url]
Edited on 26 October 2013 - 10:53 AM