This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Skittylol's profile picture

Iron Tank OpenPeripheral Help

Started by Skittylol, 19 October 2013 - 04:13 AM
Skittylol #1
Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:13 AM
Running on FTB Unleashed 1.1.4 <–just as a little bit of extra info.

I've gone through the posts that have anything to do with OpenPeripherals and Iron Tanks and I've tried everything that everyone has said works. There are no screenshots, so I don't even know if I have it set up right. Nothing seems to work, and it ALWAYS comes back with an error of SOME sort; even from code that people have said that it fixed it for them. I'm not entirely new to programming, but I'm not an expert either. I could really use some help.

getTanks() doesn't come back with any answers, and always gives the error: "attempt to call nil"

http://i.imgur.com/HDFYqwc.jpg

Could anyone give me a decent step-by-step, that doesn't involve linking me to a post that I've already read? I took all of yesterday reading posts and topics that did NOT help. When it comes to trying to read peripherals, it always comes back with an error (other than the modem…it'll read the modem and monitor connected to it). I'll give you any info that you want, but I would much prefer just a simple step-by-step guide, since there doesn't seem to be any specific information on Iron Tanks other than corrections to other's code.

Please help.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:04 PM
Split into new topic.
theoriginalbit #3
Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:39 AM
Is the modem attached to a Tank Valve?

Can we see a copy of your code, its easier to make suggestions and see what the problem is.

Since you seem to be having constant problems with any peripheral other than modems I also suggest that you have a read of this Tutorial.

Unrelated-note: To use peripherals on a network you don't need to turn the modem on, on the computer, just the peripheral.