This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
campicus's profile picture

Interactive Sorter, Item Table

Started by campicus, 15 November 2013 - 01:28 AM
campicus #1
Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:28 AM
Hey all,

I am trying to get a table together for my interactive sorter, something like

itemList = {
stone = {ID = 1, meta = nil, destination = "blocks",},
}

How can I get a full list of items from FTB 1.4.7 (mindcrack). NEIs dump thing doesnt give me metadata and the names it returns are often weird

Thanks!
Engineer #2
Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:06 PM
There is no list out there. Because you can change ID's yourself, it is not reliable.

Manually discover all the ID's and meta values.
Cozzimoto #3
Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:30 PM
what i did was i made a separate computer to receive unknown data and for the user to input and to basically create a data base of known blocks and data types. if your interested in more detail on how i had it setup just let me know.
campicus #4
Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:08 AM
Yes I have thought of setting up an auto table, however I would have to manually input all the names. No thanks haha

Cheers for the help guys :)/>
Cozzimoto #5
Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:33 AM
-snip-

either way you would still have to put the item in at least once to save to a database, granted it is a pain at first but you get to a point where your system knows everything that comes in and send it to where-ever you want that particular item to go. i mainly used something like this for all my alvearies i had and the amount of items i was getting had got to be around 5 - 10 a second, with 30 alvearies with perfect queens in them