This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
mrgreaper's profile picture

how do i use bundled cables as a peripheral (redlogic)

Started by mrgreaper, 27 November 2013 - 02:50 PM
mrgreaper #1
Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:50 PM
Ok so we all know how to use them locally and thats pretty well documented, but heres my situation:

i have a computer that controls (or will when the code is done) 6 missile silos from loading them and targeting all the way to launching)

the silos are a good distance from the computer but are attached via lan cable and peripheral proxys/modems

now heres the issue, i have 6 silo "doors" that are actually pistons, i need to control these from the computer, i could run a long bundled cable next to the lan cable (given a lot of resource gathering) but i already have a lan cable in the area so want to make use of it :)/>

using peripheral proxies (man i love those things) i can have the bundled cable as a peripheral but it wont accept commands or well…do anything :(/>

open to outside the box solutions too (idealy not chicken bones wireless as they dont arnt good as peripherals, plus some one could "jam" my bay doors shut…a bad thing when you launch a missile ;)/>
CCJJSax #2
Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:02 PM
I don't think they can be used as a peripheral. Unless you mean the wired cable is hooked up to other computers.