Is it possible to use turtles to trade with villagers? I notice that I am able to trade on any unlocked trade without clicking the left/right buttons to get to them: as long as I put in the correct input, the correct trade output will appear.

I put a turtle above a villager, put 24 paper in the first slot, and did turtle.placeDown(). It returned True but no item was placed. In addition, the villager locked onto my turtle and refused to interact with me, even after I broke the turtle. The villager behaved normally only after exiting and re-entering my world.

turtle.suckDown() did not work on the villager after turtle.placeDown().

I tried from the horizontal angle (turtle.place(), turtle.suck()) as well as the underside (turtle.placeUp(), turtle.suckUp()). I even tried placing from above and sucking from the side. Nothing worked.

But it's very strange that the initial turtle.place() returned true even though no item was placed.

I'm a little confused where to post this: I want to be optimistic that this feature is working so I post in Ask a Pro, but if it's not working, should I post in Bugs (turtle.place() on a villager returns true) or Suggestions (I'd like to have turtles trade with villagers)?

I've been doing some weird things with turtles lately: breeding and now trading. You can probably guess what I'm going after: automatic emerald generator.