This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Lost Ninja's profile picture

Server Install of LUA Programs

Started by Lost Ninja, 12 December 2013 - 06:34 AM
Lost Ninja #1
Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:34 AM
Basically until I stopped playing with CC (moved to a server where is wasn't installed) I unpacked my computer craft zip/jar into the mods folder and then edited some of the default lua files to add some functions I use. And also to add in my own API. Now however I want to do that above but on a stand alone mcpc+ server. It's currently on my local machine so I can move things around, and test efficiently. However while unpacking ComputerCraft into the mods folder allows the mod to load and work (can craft turtles and place them), I get an error when I open the turtle/computer and the turtle displays an error about being unable to mount the lua/roms.

So where then do I unpack the lua/roms so as to have them work?

I notice that all of the files are now within an assets folder. Should I place that into my server (game root) root? Or would the files in the mod override these?
Edited on 12 December 2013 - 06:35 AM
MKlegoman357 #2
Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:58 AM
Pack it to .zip file. ComputerCraft no longer supports unpacked .zip file.
Lost Ninja #3
Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:11 AM
Not really going to work if it has to be packed anyway I might as well just leave it in the original pack…

No other way to install the scripts?

Or a way to add some sort of global LUA scripts folder to a server so we can add commonly used scripts/APIs without having to have users specifically ask for something?
Lyqyd #4
Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:13 AM
Please see the sticky post in the Programs section about resource packs. The correct way to add Lua files to the rom now is via resource packs.
Csstform #5
Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:24 AM
You could also use a program such as 7zip or WinZip to copy your files into the zip/jar without unzipping it.
Lost Ninja #6
Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:48 PM
Please see the sticky post in the Programs section about resource packs. The correct way to add Lua files to the rom now is via resource packs.
Ah this looks like what I needed to know, do the files in the resource packs overwrite those in the mod?
Lyqyd #7
Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:09 PM
Yes, if the folder structure and filename are correct. You cannot override bios.lua this way.