This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
iPlain's profile picture

Chunk loaded turtles behave stange.

Started by iPlain, 26 December 2013 - 09:59 AM
iPlain #1
Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:59 AM
Not sure if I should be posting here or in bugs but when using the excavate command with a chicken chunks chunk loader my mining turtle doesnt mine all the ores, I have re created a world and seen diamonds in the excavated area yet they arent in the chest once I go back to the location after it has finished, yet the blocks were the diamonds or other ores have been mined by the turtle, I have seen it successfully mine them when I am watching though. Are you guys aware of anything like this? Using 1.6.4, I can list the mods I have installed if need be. On SMP server.
aaa #2
Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:54 PM
Does your turtle has collected anything? (is there more cobble in the chest than before?). If not, it may be a misuse of the excavate program (the turtle drops the content on the floor if no chest is placed in the exact place it should -don't know were sadly).

Sorry for this dumb question but are you using a mining turtle? (a felling turtle destroy the blocks but do not harvest ores).

Try your turtle.dig() in the lua prompt with an ore in front of your turtle : it should collect the ore in its inventory. If it does, there is probably no bug.

If I havn't yet found your problem, it could come from the excavate program which could drop items instead of going chest. Anyway, the default excavate programs is one of the slowest and most inefficient quarrying program. It has only 2 advantage : it built-in, and it's clean, automatic : able to refuel (thought it's easy to overfuel a turtle with lava), and (normally) go to chest when full, which is the hardest thing to code.

I remember having problem with an unloaded turtle, with affect to its inventory. Ask to an admin if there are special restriction for chunk loading or turtles.