This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
MarioBG's profile picture

Help with Rednet

Started by MarioBG, 09 May 2012 - 04:50 AM
MarioBG #1
Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:50 AM
Hello, first of all, I'm in CC 1.21 because i don't want to update my MC. My question is, how long does a message take to be transmitted via rednet in bundled cables? Thanks!
Cloudy #2
Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:22 AM
Depends how long the message is. Try it and find out?
MarioBG #3
Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:09 PM
Depends how long the message is. Try it and find out?
I have tried, but it takes ages. The point is, would anyone tell me what is the average time for transmitting a character, so I would calculate the time to transfer my programs? Thanks!
OmegaVest #4
Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:21 PM
You can look into the API to find out. I think (last I checked) the delay for cable updates was close to 0.13 seconds. But I don't have it in front of me, so I don't know specifically. And it would take me about an hour to find the correct line of code again.
MarioBG #5
Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:32 PM
Thanks Omega! Do you remember what was the name of the variable? I could change it for my computer not to hyper-lag and making it work! Thanks in advance!
OmegaVest #6
Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:37 PM
Ah, actually I think it was just put in the middle of the function. Just. . . dig through til you find it. Or, open the rednet api in a text editor and crtl-f "sleep" You'll probably get close to or over a hundred results, but that will speed your process (I think).