This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
crazyadam0's profile picture

Computer folder gone from the world save?

Started by crazyadam0, 21 February 2014 - 08:00 PM
crazyadam0 #1
Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:00 PM
I recently started playing computercraft 1.58 (Updated to the newest version of tekkit after like what almost a year) and I noticed something strange. When you navigate to your saves folder and go into a map there is no longer a computer folder that stores all of the files. I was wondering why this was and how to access the file system again from outside of computercraft.
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:03 PM
Have you placed any computers/turtles and had them save any files?
Thib0704 #3
Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:05 PM
Have you placed any computers/turtles and had them save any files?
I think its because CC changed its file structure….
crazyadam0 #4
Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:39 PM
I have placed multiple computers and I can close the game, load it back up and the files will be there still.
Could it possibly have something to do with tekkit?
Edited on 21 February 2014 - 08:41 PM
Thib0704 #5
Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:54 PM
If you go in
C:/Users/<YourUser>/.appdata/roaming/.technic/modpacks/<modpackName>/world/
You should see: 'computers' and 'computercraft'

NOTE: .appdata is a hidden windows folder, how to show hidden folders: http://lmgtfy.com/?q...folders+windows
crazyadam0 #6
Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:15 PM
I know this obviously as I was talking about this specific folder. The problem is after i updated to computer craft 1.58 and made a new world there is no computer folder. Yes I did create a computer and the files load in the computers ingame even after a restart of the game itself.
Bomb Bloke #7
Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:29 PM
I think its because CC changed its file structure….
CC 1.58 should be the same as releases prior.

It's possible that Tekkit is messing with it, but I don't see why it would. I've not used it, mind you.

Perhaps save a script with a unique name, then perform a file search to see where it ended up?
crazyadam0 #8
Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:53 PM
Appariently it is tekkit. I just made a modpack with a few simple mods and it actually had the computer folder yay!