This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
MathManiac's profile picture

[Solved] fs at the state of denial

Started by MathManiac, 18 May 2012 - 01:03 AM
MathManiac #1
Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:03 AM
This is now solved. Thank you for your information, you helped me a lot! :P/>/>

Hey there, I want to copy a file I made to /rom/programs folder, looking line this:
fs.copy("/disk/startup", "/rom/programs/updatecode")
However, when I run it in a lua program, I get this:
lua:43:Access Denied

I want to do this so that I don't need to retype it by hand. Is there a way to bypass the access denial?

Solution: There is a collection of files at <savefolder>/computer/<computerid> or <savefolder>/computer/disk/<diskid> where I can manually copy the files from that to the mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom folder!
cant_delete_account #2
Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:17 AM
You can't "change" rom unless you edit CC's (Java) code.
Grim Reaper #3
Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:02 AM
Unfortunately, rom is unchangeable. ROM stands for READ ONLY MEMORY so you can only read, use, and copy files from /rom. However, if you really need to put something in the /rom folder, navigate to
C:/Users/<yourname>/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/programs/

From here, you can just drag files in and out of the rom folder! :P/>/>
MathManiac #4
Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:33 PM
Unfortunately, rom is unchangeable. ROM stands for READ ONLY MEMORY so you can only read, use, and copy files from /rom. However, if you really need to put something in the /rom folder, navigate to
C:/Users/<yourname>/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/programs/

Yes, but I can't "Drag In" a program I typed on solely on the computer.
Cloudy #5
Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Yes, but I can't "Drag In" a program I typed on solely on the computer.

Yes you can - get it from the computer folder in your saves folder. You will then be able to put it into the rom, or any other computer you wish to put it into.
MathManiac #6
Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:35 AM
Wait, you can???? *looks in save folder* Awesome! This is epic. Thanks!

SOLVED
Thank you all for your information!