This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
goldensecret's profile picture

rednet cables

Started by goldensecret, 31 March 2014 - 08:38 PM
goldensecret #1
Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:38 PM
so i want to have 2 sets of engines hooked up to a computer, so i can enable them both separately . i have hooked them up to Rednet cables from mine factory reloaded, and put them on white and orange.
i would also like to toggle them, so if i type left, the left one will turn on, if i type left again, it will turn off, this can either be done through a logic gate program that i have or in the computer. now i'm not too sure on how to go about this. with using the cables and doing the logic gates, as i am fairly new to CC, but am seeming to make my way? sort off. any way.
apemanzilla #2
Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:40 PM
so i want to have 2 sets of engines hooked up to a computer, so i can enable them both separately . i have hooked them up to Rednet cables from mine factory reloaded, and put them on white and orange.
i would also like to toggle them, so if i type left, the left one will turn on, if i type left again, it will turn off, this can either be done through a logic gate program that i have or in the computer. now i'm not too sure on how to go about this. with using the cables and doing the logic gates, as i am fairly new to CC, but am seeming to make my way? sort off. any way.

CC 1.6 or 1.58?
goldensecret #3
Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:58 PM
CC 1.5 at the top of my monitors screen
apemanzilla #4
Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:11 PM
Use MFR cables and try rs.setBundledOutput(side, colors)
Eg

rs.setBundledOutput("left",colors.blue) -- enables blue output and ONLY bour on left side
rs.setBundledOutput("left",0) -- disables all outputs on left
rs.setBundledOutput("left",colors.blue+colors.red) -- enables blue and red on the left side

Bomb Bloke #5
Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:40 PM
Using CC 1.5, I believe you'll need RedPower's bundled cables.
apemanzilla #6
Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:07 PM
…eh? Red Power isn't out for 1.5, CC uses MFR's cables for 1.5 bundled cable support. In 1.6 there's a new API, though :)/>
sjkeegs #7
Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:20 PM
…eh? Red Power isn't out for 1.5, CC uses MFR's cables for 1.5 bundled cable support. In 1.6 there's a new API, though :)/>
CC 1.5 (ComputerCraft v1.5) works with Minecraft 1.4.6/1.4.7
Bomb Bloke #8
Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:43 PM
Indeed. Also note that MFR support wasn't added until CC 1.53.
goldensecret #9
Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:54 PM
ok, sweet. thanks Ape! but how do i disable that colour? so i would do.

rs.setBundledOutput("left",colors.blue)
sleep (2)
rs.setBundledOutput("left",colors.blue off)

and that will pulse it for 2 seconds right?
apemanzilla #10
Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:57 PM
ok, sweet. thanks Ape! but how do i disable that colour? so i would do.

rs.setBundledOutput("left",colors.blue)
sleep (2)
rs.setBundledOutput("left",colors.blue off)

and that will pulse it for 2 seconds right?
No. If you want to disable a color, simply omit it's value in the next set. If you have NO values being enabled, use 0 to disable all lines:

rs.setBundledOutput("left",colors.blue) -- only blue is on
sleep(2)
rs.setBundledOutput("left",colors.red+colors.green) -- red and green on, all other off
sleep(2)
rs.setBundledOutput("left",0) -- all colors off
Edited on 02 April 2014 - 09:59 PM