This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Sabrecho's profile picture

Project Red's Bundled Cables

Started by Sabrecho, 03 April 2014 - 09:14 AM
Sabrecho #1
Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:14 AM
I'm having trouble making something work. My end objective is to have two pairs of Lamps shine back and forth in opposite corners of a platform; Red in the forward left and rear right, Blue in the forward right and rear left.

I tried out my wiring theory on just one set of Lamps on the ground, as shown in the picture. I put bundled cable on the back of the computer, Framed bundled cable after that, back to bundled cable to exit the frame structure and then finally some orange and magenta wires for testing.

rs.setBundledOutput("back", colors.orange) would not make the orange test lamp light no matter what I did.

What did I do wrong?

CometWolf #2
Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:39 PM
Project red cables are not compatible with cc.
apemanzilla #3
Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:47 PM
Project red cables are not compatible with cc.
*yet

In an upcoming PR update you will be able to use them with CC 1.6
Bomb Bloke #4
Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:44 PM
In the meantime, you may be able to use a peripheral to communicate with them, otherwise you'll likely need to use MFR's cables.

Assuming you're not on CC 1.6 already, in which case (to my knowledge) the bundled redstone functions are currently unusable.
sjkeegs #5
Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:35 AM
Assuming you're not on CC 1.6 already, in which case (to my knowledge) the bundled redstone functions are currently unusable.
That is my experience also. I tried to update and the MFR cables connect showing a color connection now, so you can only output one redstone signal. That means I can't use the 1.6 version unless one of either MFR or Project Red makes another 1.6 update to support the CC change.
Sabrecho #6
Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:07 AM
So it's not me, and the logic behind that setup is sound?

Niiice.

Incidentally, I came up with the band-aid patch of connecting red insulated wire to the left and blue to the right of the computer, bundles then go out to the pairs of lamps and it functions, just looks horrid.

Thx!