This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Dreossk's profile picture

OpenPeripheral scroll documentation up

Started by Dreossk, 04 April 2014 - 05:57 PM
Dreossk #1
Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:57 PM
When using the openp/docs side command the result exceeds the available space on the computer so many commands are missing. How do I scroll up? Alternatively, is there an actual user-friendly documentation page somewhere or do we really have to do everything on the tiny computer screen, having to exit our program each time to check the documentation again?
Edited on 04 April 2014 - 06:05 PM
apemanzilla #2
Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:02 PM
Not much you can do. You could ask them to use pagedTabulate instead of whatever they're using right now, though.
Redstoner #3
Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:22 AM
You may want to take a look at this - http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/16959-peripheral-api-browser/
DerKoch #4
Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:15 AM
It drives me nuts that there is no real documentation outside of the openp/docs command! It's just so much more handy to have the docs on a website, than figuring out everything on that tiny screen or bothering with logging every doc to a file.. Often I would like to see examples, e.g. the extractItem() function on the AE Access Terminal, where I had to look into this forum to find out how it actually works
Redstoner #5
Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:09 PM
They do it like that because of the way the mod works. It is designed to work with any mod that allows data to be read from their blocks. Because of this, it would be difficult to update a website every time a mod changed something about one of their machines. OpenPeripheral doesnt have control over when and how these functions change. They have given us the best they can at the moment for how powerful the mod is. It has been proven that the information can be read easily enough with just a lil bit of code.
CometWolf #6
Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:40 PM
It is designed to work with any mod that allows data to be read from their blocks. Because of this, it would be difficult to update a website every time a mod changed something about one of their machines.
This dosen't really hold true for the rest of their mod though. There's no documentation for their own peripherals either.