This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
redstonedude0's profile picture

Openperipheral addIcon help

Started by redstonedude0, 11 April 2014 - 08:59 AM
redstonedude0 #1
Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:59 AM
Hi,

I've been using openperipheral for a while now and have experimented with the addIcon method, it works find in singleplayer however when run on a multiplayer server it gives me the error 'Could not initialize class openperipheral.addons.glasses.Drawable$ItemIcon' is this is bug with openperipheral, is it intentional, or do i need to change the code a bit to make it work?

EDIT: The first time i attempt after a server restart it gives me error lua:52: net/minecraft/client/renderer/entity/RenderItem, then for the rest of that server session it gives me the error shown above when i attempt to do it.
Edited on 11 April 2014 - 08:09 PM
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:35 AM
When playing on a server, your Lua scripts are executed by that remote server.

I'd assume that either that server doesn't have OpenPeripheral installed correctly, it doesn't have it installed fully, or it doesn't have the same version as you do.
redstonedude0 #3
Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:10 AM
Thanks for the reply but the versions are the same client and server and it works fine in single player, computercraft 1.58, openperipheral core 0.3.2, openperipheral addons 0.1.2, openmods lib 0.3

EDIT: The version were the same but this must have been a know bug as i looked on the open mods website and there was newer version of the mod, i was using the mods given by the technic launcher (its in tekkit pack) so i didnt notice newer version of the mod, thanks anyway